from the kitchen of: Grace Kennedy / de la cocina de: Grace Kennedy
Prep time / Tiempo de preparación: 30 mins
Cook time / Tiempo de cocción: 40 mins
Makes/Servings / Porciones: 6
# of Comments / # de Comentarios: 3
Read or Post a comment under recipe / Leído o fije un comentario bajo receta
Ingredients / Ingredientes
Pinch of salt
1 nutmeg grated
1 lb white sugar
3 tsps baking powder (level)
2-3 tsps lemon and pineapple essence
8 ozs +1 tblsp margarine (1 cup or 2 sticks)
1 small Grace Evaporated Milk (diluted) with equal amount of water or juice of 2 large oranges to give 1-1/2 cups
1 lb cake flour
Preparation / Preparación
- Add sifted flour alternately with Grace Evaporated Milk. Begin and end with flour.
- Prepare cake tins. Preheat oven to 350 F/180 C.
- Sift flour, salt, nutmeg and baking powder (set aside).
- Cream margarine and sugar until light and fluffy.
- Beat eggs one at a time until very frothy.
- Add to margarine and sugar. Mix well after each addition. If an electric mixer is used, mix at medium speed.
- Add essence. Mix well.
- Before adding flour, decrease speed of mixer to low.
- Bake for 40 minutes at 350F/180C or until a tester is inserted in cake comes out dry. Cool before moving from cake tin.
Clicks / clics: 22443
You may also like...