from the kitchen of: Grace Kennedy / de la cocina de: Grace Kennedy
Prep time / Tiempo de preparación: 30 mins
Cook time / Tiempo de cocción: 40 mins
Makes/Servings / Porciones: 8
# of Comments / # de Comentarios: 7
Read or Post a comment under recipe / Leído o fije un comentario bajo receta
Ingredients / Ingredientes
2 tsp sugar
1 egg beaten
4 ozs shortening (1/2 cup) or 1-1/2 sticks margarine
1 tsp Malher Cinnamon Powder
1/2-3/4 lb brown sugar (1 cup)
3/4 cup warm water
2 tsp vanilla
1-1/2 cups Grace Evaporated Milk
6 tsps yeast or 2 tblsps instant yeast
1 cup raisins (optional)
1 tsp nutmeg
2 lbs all purpose of bread flour (8 cups)
Preparation / Preparación
- Set yeast (put to rise). Water temperature should be 100 to 115 F.
- In deep bowl. Put flour, sugar, seasoning. Make a hole in the centre.
- Melt shortening or margarine, add Grace Evaporated Milk and essence (warm slightly). Do not boil.
- Add yeast to warm milk. Add milk mixture to flour. Mix with a wooden spoon until it holds together, knead and put to rise.
- Knead again on a floured board.
- Cut into 6-8 pieces. Form into round balls. Flatten slightly. (Put in greased baking pan). Let rise until double in size.
- Preheat oven 350 to 375 F/180 C.
- Bake for 30-40 minutes until brown all over or has hollow sound when tapped on the bottom. Cool on wire rack.
Clicks / clics: 17831
You may also like...