Tres Leches Cake
from the kitchen of: Grace Kennedy / de la cocina de: Grace Kennedy
Prep time / Tiempo de preparación: 20 mins
Cook time / Tiempo de cocción: 20 mins
Makes/Servings / Porciones: 5
# of Comments / # de Comentarios: 5
Read or Post a comment under recipe / Leído o fije un comentario bajo receta
Ingredients / Ingredientes
¾ cup Butter, Softened
1 ½ cups White Sugar
9 eggs Yolks
1 tbsp Vanilla Extract
2 cups All Purpose Flour
1 ½ tbsp Baking Powder
1 cup Pasteurized Milk
9 Eggs whites
1 tbsp Cream of Tartar
2 cups Heavy Whipping Cream
1 (5 ounce) can GRACE Evaporated Milk
Or Grace Evaporated Milk Lite
1 (14 ounce) can Sweetened Condensed Milk
Preparation / Preparación
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. (175 degrees C).
- Grease and flour a 9 x 13 inch pan.
- In large bowl, cream together butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Add egg yolk one at a time, beating well with each addition
- Then stir in vanilla.
- Sift flour and baking powder together.
- Add flour mixture alternately with the milk; beat well after each addition.
- In a large glass or metal mixing bowl, beat egg whites and cream of tartar until stiff white peaks are formed.
- Gently fold egg whites into the cake batter using a rubber spatula, pour the mixture evenly into the prepared pan.
- Bake in preheated oven for 25 to 30 minutes. Allow to cool.
- In a small bowl, stir together 2 cups heavy cream, evaporated milk and sweetened condensed milk.
- Pour mixture over cake. You may have 1/3 to ¼ left over.
- Combine the whipped cream and sugar, spread over garnish, plates with soaked cake. Refrigerate before serving, leftover milk mixture and swirl in jam if desired.
Clicks / clics: 8418
You may also like...